woensdag 23 september 2020

The Wet & Dry Martini


When it comes to Martinis, I like them either dry or dirty. And when I like them dry, I really mean dry. Not like Winston Churchill who only glanced at the vermouth-bottle from across the room, but still pretty dry. 

Usually I make my Martinis with a dry vermouth, but for this one I really wanted to experiment with sherry, which is of course a very dry fortified wine. It took me a while to get it right and it was another blogger, Matthias, who gave me the ‘split wine’ tip that solved my problem. 

It doesn’t matter if you want your Martini wet or dry, adjust the measures between gin and wines as you please. But do try mixing sherry and vermouth. It works like a charm in this ‘Wet & Dry Martini’.

Wet because you can make it as wet as you want (=using more wines), dry because we are using dry vermouth and a pretty dry sherry. 

The Wet & Dry Martini

Ingredients
60 ml London Dry Gin
10 ml Dry vermouth
10 ml Amontillado sherry
1 dash orange bitters

Method
Stir in a mixing glass with lots of ice. Long enough, you really want this drink to be cold. 
Strain in a prechilled Martini glass. Add a single olive or lemon twist. 

Disclaimer : All pictures and texts are copyrighted by Geert Conard and Esito Management & Communications unless stated otherwise in the article. While some items might have been gifted by the producer or distributor, these are in no way paid promotions or recommendations.


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten