dinsdag 15 september 2020

Negroniweek 2020 - Frozen Negroni


A few days ago I shared my Frozen bottled Martini experiment. At the same time I also put a Frozen Negroni in my freezer and waited for the #Negroniweek to get it out and taste it.

For this experiment I picked Hotel Starlino Rosso vermouth, made in Torino, Italy. While their Rosé and Arancione aperitivos are aged in stainless steel containers, the Rosso vermouth is aged for 30 days in ex-bourbon barrels from Kentucky. This will add a warm, spicy aroma and flavour.   

People who follow my #drinkstagram adventures probably already know that I’m a sucker for all things vintage and retro. Just look at that great Starlino bottle and label. Isn’t it fantastic? It looks awesome on a vintage bar trolley. 

I really wanted to experience the effect of the freezing, so I didn’t go wild on the ingredients. 

Frozen Negroni

Ingredients
30 ml Campari https://www.campari.com/
30 ml Beefeater Gin https://www.beefeatergin.com/
30 ml Starlino Rosso Vermouth https://www.thestarlino.com/
20 ml water

Method
Add everything to a small bottle and put it in the freezer. Chill your Martini-glass or coupe. Add the cocktail straight from the bottle into the glass. Garnish with a (dried or fresh) slice of orange.

Can you still serve this Frozen Negroni in a tumbler with a big block of ice? Of course you can. The water in the bottle replaces the dilution when shaking or stirring. It doesn’t replace the ice in your glass. It’s your choice, but because it’s stone cold when served, I’d go for a nice coupe. 

Tip : Want something extra? Give your glass a rinse with a slight bit of Absinthe or anisette. 

Disclaimer : All pictures and texts are copyrighted by Geert Conard and Esito Management & Communications unless stated otherwise in the article. While some items might have been gifted by the producer or distributor, these are in no way paid promotions or recommendations.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten