zaterdag 18 december 2021

Xmas Gifts Parade 2021 - Les Canailles Rhum Punch


Another intriguing bottle in this years’ Xmas Gifts Parade: Les Canailles Punch au Rhum Marseillais – Café Vanille. 
Not a rum, not a spiced rum, but a rum-punch that’s still being infused with coffee and vanilla. 

Say that again? Yes, it’s still being infused. When we hold up the bottle against the light we can see coffee beans and a nice big vanilla pod inside the bottle. It’s one of many flavours in the special series of Rhum punches at 32° alcohol.

When I pour myself a glass of punch, I experience mixed feelings. In the nose, I get mostly the typical “rubber and oil” aroma of the Rhum Agricole from Martinique. The coffee and vanilla are very subtle, almost hard to detect. But when I taste the punch, it’s an explosion of rum and vanilla in my mouth. I immediately know I want to mix a basic sour with this weird spirit. 

Coffee Canaille Sour

Ingredients
50 ml Les Canailles Rhum Punch Café Vanille
30 ml Fresh lemon juice
10 ml Simple syrup

Method
Add everything to a shaker with lots of ice. Give it a good shake, but not too long. When the shaker feels cold enough, fine strain into a tumbler with fresh ice. No garnish, serve with Christmas cookies.

Disclaimer: All pictures and texts are copyrighted by Geert Conard and Esito Management & Communications unless stated otherwise in the article. While some items might have been gifted by the producer or distributor, these are in no way paid promotions or recommendations.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten