woensdag 19 augustus 2020

The Godfather


The result of your drink can really change by swapping the brand of your ingredients. That’s why the recipes you read on a cocktailblog are often the result of many attempts to get it just right. 

I was never a big fan of The Godfather. I love the movie, but the cocktail didn’t really do it for me. I wouldn’t even try the original even parts recipe. I made a Godfather once a few years ago with 50 ml Scottish whisky and 20 ml Amaretto DiSaronno. It was ok, but not really my taste. 


Three years later, I’m trying it again but more tuned to my personal taste. 


The Godfather

Ingredients

60 ml Maker’s Mark Bourbon
20 ml Amaretto Adriatico Roasted Almonds 


Method
Add both spirits to a mixing glass with lots of ice. Stir for 20 seconds until it’s perfectly blended. Strain into a Martini glass. Add a cocktail cherry.

Serving the cooled drink in a Martiniglass is of course a big difference from the original tumbler with ice. Still, I liked this version more and loved the wonderful smell of roasted almonds at every sip.

Disclaimer : All pictures and texts are copyrighted by Geert Conard and Esito Management & Communications unless stated otherwise in the article. While some items might have been gifted by the producer or distributor, these are in no way paid promotions or recommendations.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten