dinsdag 27 december 2022

A bitter-sweet end-of-year

Another festive idea. Let’s add some seasonal
 flavours to our drink. For this variation on the Negroni, I wanted to get some extra taste into the Italian bitter. I poured some red Italian bitter in a jar and added cinnamon, star anise and dried orange peel. I gave it a shake and left it like that for a couple of days, before I used this bitter to mix up a seasonal Negroni. 

Santa’s Negroni

Ingredients

For the seasonal bitter
30 ml Red Italian bitter for each serve (I used Caffo, feel free to use others like Campari or Select)
1 cinnamon stick
1 star anise
2 tablespoons dry orange peel

For the drink:
30 ml Italian bitter “seasoned”
30 ml Sweet vermouth (I used Cinzano)
30 ml Gin (I used SorGin, which is distilled from grapes)

Method
Add the three ingredients in even parts to your tumbler with lots of ice cubes. Stir for 15 seconds. Garnish with cinnamon and orange. 

TIP: I had some of this tasty seasoned bitter left. So, I decided to add 30 ml to a Champagne flute, added just two or three drops of simple syrup and topped with a good quality sparkling wine. Delicious!!!

Disclaimer: All pictures and texts are copyrighted by Geert Conard and Esito Management & Communications unless stated otherwise in the article. While some items might have been gifted by the producer or distributor, these are in no way paid promotions or recommendations

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten