woensdag 17 februari 2021

Amore Amaro


I really love amari. Ever since I visited the production plant of Amaro Montenegro in Bologna, the dark herbal liqueur became one of my favourite products. I use it for example to upgrade any Old Fashioned with aged (brown) spirit. It’s amazing how the amaro really uplifts the drink.
What I’ve never done before, is mixing a real amaro-forward cocktail. 

Damn, I now wonder why I waited this long. For this first try I used a Caribbean Amaro. This is my version of the "Amore Amaro", with Amaro di Angostura. 

Amore Amaro

Ingredients
30 ml Amaro di Angostura
15 ml Black Tears Spiced Rum
20 ml fresh lemon juice
20 ml Clement Creole Shrub

Method
Add all ingredients to a shaker with lots of ice. Shake for 20 seconds and double strain into a nice coupe. Garnish with a dehydrated bloodorange wheel. 

Disclaimer : All pictures and texts are copyrighted by Geert Conard and Esito Management & Communications unless stated otherwise in the article. While some items might have been gifted by the producer or distributor, these are in no way paid promotions or recommendations.


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten