maandag 26 juni 2023

Another sip of Conte Negroni


Two years ago, I was fortunate enough to receive one of the first bottles of Conte Negroni, a bottled 'ready-to-serve' cocktail crafted by a passionate Belgian couple of friends who are ardent Negroni enthusiasts. This delightful cocktail became part of my #negroniweek2021 series.

Recently, I had the pleasure of receiving another bottle of Conte Negroni, igniting my curiosity once again. I mentioned in my previous article, "When I compare this drink to the finest Negronis I've savoured in Italy... it comes remarkably close. Perhaps a slightly longer finish would elevate it further, but the flavour profile is truly excellent." 

Have they made any changes in these two years since I first indulged in a sip? This time, I opted for a neat drink served in a tumbler, chilled in the freezer. 

I selected a Liiton tumbler, distinguished by the majestic K2 mountain depicted at the base of the glass. The substantial bottom of the tumbler ensures a prolonged chill compared to other options. A generous set of four tumblers was graciously sent to me by TX Distri, each adorned with a different iconic mountain (K2, Mont Blanc, Mount Fuji, and Mount Denali). Additionally, this range also features the Grand Canyon and Mount Everest.

After savouring a few cautious sips, I immediately noticed an enhanced finish compared to my previous encounter. I still agree that this mix is pretty good in the direction of the Italian original, however, I do perceive a slightly stronger bitterness this time. Perhaps the mix went a bit heavy on quassia bark? A Negroni is a harmonious blend of bitterness and sweetness, requiring a delicate balance. A single drop of sugar and a slice of fresh orange would adjust and complete this serving. 

Other options to soften the edges? I just chilled the bottle and glass for this first sample, it would perhaps be a better option to stir the drink cold with ice. Another option and this one may sound a bit strange to you… add one or two drops of saline solution. 

Disclaimer: All pictures and texts are copyrighted by Geert Conard and Esito Consulting unless stated otherwise in the article. While some items might have been gifted by the producer or distributor, these are in no way paid promotions or recommendations.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten