dinsdag 11 februari 2020

Emozioni di Emilia-Romagna : A cocktail based on Vecchia Romagna brandy

 
I really admire bloggers who post new cocktail recipes each and every day. I guess I’m not creative enough for that kind of dedication, or I just don’t have enough time. But I’m always looking around for inspiration. I get inspired by something I read or something I’ve seen, … or even by some nice glassware. I picked up a new glass at my local liqueur store. It’s shaped more or less like a fancy cognac glass, so I wanted to use it right away for a cognac or brandy based cocktail.

I really love whisky and bourbon, but I’m not a really big fan of cognac or brandy. But, when used in a perfectly balanced cocktail (e.g. a Sazerac), I really appreciate the complexity of this grape-based spirits.


In 2018 I was part of the international press team for the global finals of the Amaro Montenegro Vero Bartender competition in Bologna
. Already on the first day of our stay, we visited the production plant of Amaro Montenegro, which is also the production facility of Vecchia Romagna, a real Italian brandy. This is the brandy I’m going to use for my cocktail today.

My recipe is a simplified version of the ‘East India’ cocktail. I wanted to make sure you can replicate this cocktail at home. If you don’t own a barspoon, just use a teaspoon. You can buy the bitters and syrup at any liqueur store.

Emozioni di Emilia-Romagna

Ingredients
6 cl Brandy Vecchia Romagna Classica (If you don’t have it, use your favourite brandy or cognac, this will however alter the resulting taste)
1 bsp Maraschino liqueur
1 bsp Orange Curaçao (If you don’t have this orange liqueur, use Cointreau)
1 bsp Angostura bitters
1 bsp Raspberry syrup

Method
Put everything together in a mixing glass with lots of ice. Stir together for about 20 seconds. Strain into a cognac glass. Garnish is optional, but you could use some lemon peel.

Disclaimer : All pictures and texts are copyrighted by Geert Conard and Esito Management & Communications unless stated otherwise in the article. While some items might have been gifted by the producer or distributor, these are in no way paid promotions or recommendations.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten